From: "Vernon A. Fort" <vfort@×××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] K8N Neo4 and skge
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:32:51
1 Ow Mun Heng wrote:
2
3 >On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 19:27 -0500, Vernon A. Fort wrote:
6 >>New to gentoo!
10 >Welcome to a new world of learning!
14 >>I have gentoo amd64 loaded and the forcedepth drive is
15 >>detecting the first network card. Both the default skge and the sk98lin
16 >>manually downloaded from SysKonnect will load without errors and display
17 >>in the lsmod. Neither will actually detect the network card.
21 >I don't get it. If it's modprobed and lsmod shows it, means the cards
22 >are detected. your lcpci shows the cards are detected.
26 >> I have
27 >>included the lspci -vv at the end of this message.
28 >>
29 >> 1. are both of these interfaces active, meaning can I use both.
33 >Yes. Doesn't ifconfig show anything? ifconfig eth1 or ifconfig eth0??
37 >> 2. Being new to gentoo, should the interface be added automatically
38 >>upon modprobe or is there something more I need to do.
42 >U modprobe the drivers, they get seen by the kernel. Then you need to up
43 >the interface. DHCP?
44 >
45 >make sure you edit /etc/conf.d/net (there are example files in there as
46 >well)
47 >
48 >/etc/init.d/net.eth? up
49 >
50 >Oh.. yeah.. since you have 2 eth, make the apropriate symlink for eth1
51 >
52 >eg: ln -s eth0 eth1
57 I think this may be a PCIE issue, from what I have read. But, I have
58 recomplied the kernel (network devices) and configured both the
59 forcedepth and skge drivers as modules. If I unload the forcedepth or
60 rename so it won't start durning boot, the SKGE driver WILL load and be
61 listed in the lsmod and lspci but does nothing - no dmesg anything! Its
62 almost like the driver sees the device but is waiting on something else
63 to load..... There's very little information concerning this device -
64 I'll keep digging.
65
66 Vernon
67 --