From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] changing console font
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 11:54:18
1 Daniel Pielmeier wrote:
2 > 2009/11/6 Skippy <linuxgn2@××××××××××××.com>:
3 >
4 >> So I know you change the console font in /etc/conf.d/consolefont and I
5 >> know I can find more fonts in /usr/share/consolefonts . . . here's what
6 >> I don't know. How can I preview a font?
7 >>
8 >> Is there some way to test/view a font without having to reboot the
9 >> computer? Plus, what is to stop me from changing the font to something
10 >> non-english and ending up with a system where I can't read anything? :)
13 > What about /etc/init.d/consolefont restart?
17 I think what he is asking is this, how can we know what they look like
18 BEFORE we change it? I looked in the directory and I don't recognize
19 most of the fonts. Some of them doesn't make sense as far as the name.
20 I even wonder if some of them are not even English. I would hate to set
21 that to something and then not be able to read it.
22
23 Could one do a google image search? o_O
24
25 Dale
26