From: Brian Henning <henninb@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] usb2 hard drive
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 04:20:06
1 Greeting,
2
3 I am trying to get my USB2 external 200 gig ext2fs formated hard drive
4 to mount in Gentoo.
5
6 Below is my configuration:
7 Linux yodo 2.6.11-gentoo-r3 #1 Sat Oct 1 17:38:42 CDT 2005 i686 AMD
8 Duron(tm) Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
9
10 mount
11 /dev/hda3 on / type ext2 (rw,noatime)
12 none on /proc type proc (rw)
13 none on /sys type sysfs (rw)
14 none on /dev type devfs (rw)
15 none on /dev/pts type devpts (rw)
16 none on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
17 none on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)
18
19 eepro100.c:v1.09j-t 9/29/99 Donald Becker http://www.scyld.com/network/eepro100.
20 html
21
22 I have tried emerging coldplug and rebooting and i am able to
23 successfully mount the drive as /dev/sda1, but the coldplug causes my
24 network card to not work (can't even ping).
25 emerge coldplug
26 rc-update add coldplug default
27
28 Could someone give me some advice on a different approach to mounting
29 this device or give me a suggestion to fix my networking issue? Please
30 email me directly as, I do not receive emails from the list.
31
32 Thanks,
33
34 Brian