From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: ebuild that installs partprobe
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 06:01:00
1 Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net> writes:
2
3 > reader@×××××××.com wrote:
4 >> <justin@×××××××××.net> writes:
7 >>> There is a wiki article http://gentoo-wiki.com/PortageFileList which
8 >>> contains a python script, which sends updates from ones personal box to the
9 >>> database server. As this project community dependent a lot of users should
10 >>> help to update the database.
11 >>>
12 >>
13 >> That script fails here... I suppose the site has a bug report or help
14 >> link there somewhere. Or I guess a wiki input scheme... I've never
15 >> actually used a wiki in that way before.
16 >>
17 >> Very nice site though... many times over the last 3 or so years I could
18 >> have used this.. Thanks gentoo community.
22 > I ran the script here and it worked fine. Did you run it as root? Also
23 > make it executable too.
24
25 I did those things as matter of course. It think its a directory at
26 /var/db/pkg/sus-libs/ that is empty that is causing the grief.
27
28 It also appears to have a funky name from some kind of error
29 somewhere.
30
31 /var/db/pkg/sys-libs/-MERGING-pam-0.99.8.1-r1
32
33 If I knew anything about python I might try fixing it since a well
34 written script ought not to cave on an empty directory.
35
36 But since I don't I just moved the directory. :)
40 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list