From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting up SMTP relay
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 09:08:59
1 On 26/1/2011, at 6:46am, Mick wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 26 January 2011 04:04:16 Walter Dnes wrote:
3 >> On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 10:34:11PM +0100, Alex Schuster wrote
4 >>
5 >>> This is working fine. But there are other PCs in the LAN, which I
6 >>> would also like to get status emails from. Being not the only one
7 >>> with root access there, I do not want to duplicate the ssmtp setup
8 >>> because of the password stored in ssmtp.conf.
9 >>
10 >> ??? What password in ssmtp.conf ??? My /etc/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf has 4
11 >> uncommented lines. They are...
12 >> ...
13 >
14 > If you set it up to email you stuff using e.g. your email account, you would
15 > also need authentication credentials:
16
17 Ya, but he's got a Postfix server listening on that LAN, so the other machines (using ssmtp) don't need to authenticate to that.
18
19 This thread has become far too complicated. Postfix can be set up editing only about 3 lines lines in its config file.
20
21 Stroller.