From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE4 / kmail / konsole
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 20:40:51
1 On Wednesday 23 January 2008, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 21:27:38 +0200, Uwe Thiem wrote:
3 > > So the stumbling blocks for using KDE 4.0.0 as my default desktop
4 > > have disappeared. Unfortunately, I won't have much time tomorrow.
5 > > So over Friday and the weekend, I will try to make KDE4 my default
6 > > desktop after backing up all stuff like ~/.kde*.
7 >
8 > You shouldn't need to do that. I found when I went back to KDE 3.5
9 > (because Claws Mail wasn't working) that it reset the .kde symlink to
10 > point to .kde3.5 again.
11
12 <tongue-in-cheek>
13
14 Neil, you just did a bad bad bad thing.
15
16 You used the "should" word and trusted it. Tut, tut. Bad boy.
17
18 Surely I don't have to give you the "this is how software works" speech,
19 right?
20
21 :-)
22