From: Boris Fersing <kernelsensei@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] hello
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 15:32:58
1 2006/9/7, John Newman <jnn@×××××.net>:
2 > I have what is probably a stupid question. I run an amd64 gentoo
3 > system. I find that lots of packages have in their KEYWORDS "amd64~".
4 >
5 > Up until now, to remedy this when I want to attempt to use one of these
6 > packages, I simply edit the ebuild, regenerate the digest, and do the
7 > installation. I feel sure there is an easier way around this - I've
8 > read somewhere of being able to tell the system that I am not worried
9 > about packages that haven't been tested on amd64 (thus the amd64~) -
10 > does anyone know what file I need to edit and in what way to make this
11 > work so I don't have to go through the hassle described above of editing
12 > the ebuild, regenerating the digest and then installing the package?
13 >
14 > thank you so much
15 >
16 Hi,
17
18 That's really ugly, have a look here : http://gentoo-wiki.com/Masked
19
20 HTH.
21
22 Boris.
23 > --
24 > John Newman
25 > Systems Administrator, WebXess Inc.
26 > --
27 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
33 Quiconque me parle de Dieu en veut à ma bourse ou à ma liberté.
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list