From: John Newman <jnn@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] hello
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 15:17:05
1 I have what is probably a stupid question. I run an amd64 gentoo
2 system. I find that lots of packages have in their KEYWORDS "amd64~".
3
4 Up until now, to remedy this when I want to attempt to use one of these
5 packages, I simply edit the ebuild, regenerate the digest, and do the
6 installation. I feel sure there is an easier way around this - I've
7 read somewhere of being able to tell the system that I am not worried
8 about packages that haven't been tested on amd64 (thus the amd64~) -
9 does anyone know what file I need to edit and in what way to make this
10 work so I don't have to go through the hassle described above of editing
11 the ebuild, regenerating the digest and then installing the package?
12
13 thank you so much
16 John Newman
17 Systems Administrator, WebXess Inc.