From: "A. R." <feoymalo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] hello
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 15:27:29
1 > Up until now, to remedy this when I want to attempt to use one of these
2 > packages, I simply edit the ebuild, regenerate the digest, and do the
3 > installation. I feel sure there is an easier way around this - I've
4 > read somewhere of being able to tell the system that I am not worried
5 > about packages that haven't been tested on amd64 (thus the amd64~) -
6 > does anyone know what file I need to edit and in what way to make this
7 > work so I don't have to go through the hassle described above of editing
8 > the ebuild, regenerating the digest and then installing the package?
11 Sure there is:
12
13 /etc/portage/package.keywords
14
15 where each line is the full package name that you want to allow
16 "~amd64" for your system. (in your case)
17 An example is:
18
19 x11-themes/gtk-engines-qt
22 Save it and then just run:
23
24 emerge -vuD world -p
25
26 and you'll se portage telling you that is going to bring in the latest
27 "keyworded" version of such package.
28
29 HTH
30
31 - AR
32 --
33 If you stare long enough into an abyss, the abyss will stare back into you...
34 --
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list