From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] new scanner : how to activate for Gentoo : further thoughts
Date: Sat, 06 May 2017 13:16:08
1 170506 Mick wrote:
2 > On Friday 05 May 2017 19:27:47 Philip Webb wrote:
3 >> There is a pkg media-gfx/iscan-plugin-gt-x820 for a V600 :
4 >> I could take the V550 back & exchange it for a V600
5 >> & try to install Iscan + data + that plugin.
6 > If you are going to change it, isn't there a HP device out there
7 > that Just Works™ with the hplip and potentially the hplip-plugin packages?
8
9 Very unlikely : I have an HP printer, which also copies & can scan,
10 but it isn't supported by Sane-backends & would require much work.
11
12 I plan to audit what I've installed carefully today
13 & if I still can't get it to work on Gentoo, I'll file a bug :
14 hopefully, whoever created the plugin for V600 can do another for V550.
15
16 Also, I'll put the Epson install script on my Internet site
17 ( http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~purslow/test/ ).
18 I can't make sense of it, but perhaps someone here can tell me
19 what it does with the .deb files when it installs them.
20
21 If it works on Mint, it sb possible to get it to work on Gentoo.
22 Usually in such cases, the secret is finding 1 small item
23 which needs to be fixed & then everything is ok : that's Gentoo's strength.
27 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
28 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
29 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca