From: Christian Kruse <cjk@×××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Nvidia and optimus
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 14:27:53
1 Hi,
2
3 Heiko Baums writes:
4
5 > It's not possible, because the Nvidia Optimus chip isn't a full featured
6 > graphics card, and doesn't write directly to the screen. Joost already
7 > explained it pretty well.
8
9 I'm using a T530 with Optimus. I can only external monitors only with
10 the NVidia-Card, not with the integrated one. I tried to get the
11 following working roughly two years ago, but I failed:
12
13 I'd like to use the internal card most of the time since I don't care
14 about 3D acceleration but I do care alot about power saving. When using
15 an external monitor I'd like to use the NVidia card. Currently my
16 solution is to reboot and change bios settings, being able to switch at
17 runtime would be a real enhancement for me.
18
19 Is this possible?
20
21 Regards,