From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: ati-drivers
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 20:30:59
1 Mark Knecht <markknecht <at> gmail.com> writes:
6 > > Dell Inspiron 1721 is based on AMD ATI M690T chipset, Turion 64 X2 dual core
7 > > processors with speeds from 1.8GHz to 2.2GHz, and ATI Mobility Radeon X1270
10 > > so How/where do I read which chipsets are covered by which drivers?
11
12 > I would personally visit the Phoronix forums, sign up and ask the
13 > question there.
16 > On the other hand, why do you need the ati-driver package at all. Have
17 > you considered just using the radeon driver in the kernel until you
18 > get this machine up and running and then deal with this driver issue
19 > later? That's my usual path to making a new ATI machine useful as
20 > quickly as possible.
23 Got vesa working. For now that good enough. I'll give the ati-drivers another
24 shot, once I read somewhere where this chips is covered by the ati-drivers:
27 01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device 791f
28
29 It does not even show up in my favorite hardware index:
30 http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/hwdata/trunk/pcitable?rev=5
33 James
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list