From: Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] unstoppable, undeciperable kernel call trace in log
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2012 03:47:53
1 This is weird
2
3 syzygy@lumby ~ $ grep DEBUG_FS /usr/src/linux/.config
4 # CONFIG_DEBUG_FS is not set
5
6 But the entry in menuconfig ->kernel hacking looks like this:' -*-
7 Debug Filesystem', and can't be changed. Not '[*]' which is
8 changeable with the spacebar, but '-*-' which is not.
9
10 According to <help> it depends on TREE_RCU_TRACE=y OR <a whole bunch
11 of other stuff>.
12
13 But I have TREE_RCU_TRACE=y. So I should be good right? But then why
14 doesn't it select DEBUG_FS?
15
16 googling lead me to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debugfs, which says
17 do: 'mount -t debugfs none /sys/kernel/debug'. Ok, but there's no
18 debug file or dir under /sys/kernel. Do I make one? And will it make a
19 difference since according to grep DEBUG_FS is not set in the kernel
20 config?
21
22 I'll go and make the new kernel and see what happens.