From: Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] unstoppable, undeciperable kernel call trace in log
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2012 03:13:18
1 > Hi,
2 >
3 > I don't have an answer, but if you google the phrase "rcu_bh detected
4 > stall on CPU" you can find many reports similar to yours and maybe
5 > some information.
6
7 This might be usefu
8 lhttp://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/RCU/stallwarn.txt
9
10 "RCU bugs can often be debugged with the help of CONFIG_RCU_TRACE"
11
12 from <help> in menuconfig.
13
14 │ This option provides tracing in RCU which presents stats │
15 │ in debugfs for debugging RCU implementation.
16
17 Ok, so I've set the RCU_TRACE=y. Next question: How do I use debugfs,
18 never used it before?
21 > Do you have RCU_CPU_STALL_INFO=y in your kernel config?
22
23 no.
24
25 syzygy@lumby ~ $ grep RCU /usr/src/linux/.config
26 # RCU Subsystem
27 CONFIG_TREE_RCU=y
28 # CONFIG_PREEMPT_RCU is not set
29 # CONFIG_RCU_TRACE is not set
30 CONFIG_RCU_FANOUT=32
31 # CONFIG_RCU_FANOUT_EXACT is not set
32 # CONFIG_RCU_FAST_NO_HZ is not set
33 # CONFIG_TREE_RCU_TRACE is not set
34 # CONFIG_SPARSE_RCU_POINTER is not set
35 CONFIG_RCU_CPU_STALL_TIMEOUT=60