From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] syslog-ng-3.6.1 nearly no log anymore
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 13:13:07
1 On Mon, 17 Nov 2014 07:59:57 -0500, Rich Freeman wrote:
2
3 > >> Is the "systemd" USE flag an actual syslog-ng compilation option or
4 > >> it is a flag to generate systemd units when syslog-ng is installed?
5 > >
6 > > Both.
9 > Please read the ebuild before giving answers like this. The unit file
10 > is installed regardless of flag setting (which is the standard
11 > policy). There is a compile-time option which this also toggles, and
12 > it also changes the logrotate script (which probably isn't ideal).
13
14 I did, it's just that my memory isn't what it used to be. I know about
15 the compile time option and the logrotate script, see my previous post on
16 it, but for some reason thought that the unit file was also optional.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 Head: (n.) the part of a disk drive which detects sectors and decides
23 which of the two possible values to return: 'lose a turn' or 'bankrupt.'