From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] This nite's switch to "full multilib"
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2015 22:40:30
1 On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 10:23:21AM +0100, Mick wrote:
2
3 > Hmm ... I don't think setting abi_x86_32 globally is necessary, unless you
4 > want to have 32bit libs for ALL packages that these exist for, whether you use
5 > them or not. I mean that for Skype you have no alternative at present, but if
6 > you don't use Skype then you would not need the 32bit versions of Skype's
7 > dependencies. If my understanding is wrong, Alan will soon put me right on
8 > this. :-)
11 I used this opportunity to finally rid myself of Skype entirely. Nobody
12 knows how it’s still possible to use that Microsoft infested spyware on Linux
13 anway, and unless I install pulseaudio, it doesn’t give me any more features
14 than Kopete already does. Once I did emerge -C skype, there even weren’t any
15 blockers left or remerges with x32 abi¹. Packages to install for -uD world
16 went from 117 to 41. So good riddance.
17
18 ¹ That is on my small laptop. My big desktop has Wine installed, let’s see
19 what it says when I’m back home in two days.
20 --
21 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
22 Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.
23
24 Seize the carp.