From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] C compiler cannot create executables
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 16:22:29
1 On Thu, 2005-11-24 at 13:05 +0100, Matthias Langer wrote:
2 > On Wed, 2005-11-23 at 22:49 -0600, Michael Sullivan wrote:
3 > > I think I've somehow managed to screw gcc up. Whenever I try to emerge
4 > > anything I get this message:
5 > >
6 > > checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler
7 > > cannot create executables
8 > >
9 > > It also says "See config.log for details", but I can't find config.log -
10 > > it doesn't give a full path. Is there a way to repair this without
11 > > having to completely reinstall Gentoo?
14 > I've had this problem too some time ago - however, i'm not sure how i
15 > solved it - but i think it was something with fix-libtool.sh or
16 > gcc-config. Try to compile a simple c-program by hand - maybe this will
17 > give you some hints about the source of your problem.
18 >
19 > Matthias
22 I created a simple "Hello World" program in C and tried to compile it
23 using gcc:
24
25 camille ~ # gcc hello.c
26 gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `as': No such file or directory
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list