From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] very wierd gnome-panel behaviour
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 01:24:38
1 Hi all,
2
3 don't quite know how to describe this one, but it's really annoying!
4
5 My gnome panels are somehow remembering two sets of settings (by
6 settings I mean applet placement, etc).
7
8 If I move a panel applet (lets say the notification area) from the far
9 right to the far left, it moves as expected. But then if I move the
10 mouse away and over the panel again, the notification area is back
11 before I moved it. Moving the mouse away and back again continually
12 swaps the position of the notification area!
13
14 This happens with moving any applet. Removing or adding applets however
15 affects both "instances". This is really annoying because it has
16 straing side effects for menus, window lists, and pop-up things (like
17 the calendar).
18
19 I've tried deleting all panels:
20 $ gconftool-2 --recursive-unset /apps/panel
21 $ rm -rf .gconf/apps/gnome-settings/gnome-panel/
22 $ killall gnome-panel
23
24 and they come back with the default layout, but the problem is still
25 there!
26
27 I do have two displays, using separate X screens, so I don't know if
28 that has anything to do with it. I haven't found anything on google
29 about this either...
30
31 thanks for any help!
35 Time as he grows old teaches all things.
36 -- Aeschylus