From: Daniel Wagener <stelf@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Any nice tools for emerge dependency resolution listing?
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 11:53:47
1 On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 18:19:19 +0800
2 Mark David Dumlao <madumlao@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Hi!
5 > I'm wondering if anyone's written a script that looks deep into the
6 > build dependencies of some package foo, and gives you a list of
7 > ebuilds you need to unmask to build it. Immediate build dependencies
8 > could easily be shown using the ebuild itself, and deep dependencies
9 > could be shown using equery something, but I just want to focus on
10 > dependencies you need to unmask when building.
11 >
12 > I usually just manually iterate through emerge -uDNtav world/something
13 > to make something like that happen, and it's just hit me that this
14 > sounds like a chore that's bound to have bugged someone.
15 >
16 > I'm not looking for a tool that writes my package.keywords/* for me,
17 > I'd like to do that myself, but the iteration process is more painful
18 > than it should be "manually". If there's none I was wondering what
19 > kinds of challenges would it take to write one in python as that
20 > sounds like a cool exercise to try out.
21
22 autounmask --pretend maybe?