From: James Skinner <james.skinner@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Time to move on?
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 11:27:11
1 Top-posting is totally fine when emailing from a mobile device. It
2 does make it hard to follow a thread, but email's are time-stamped.
6 On 3/25/09, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
7 > Neil Bothwick wrote:
8 >> On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 22:49:57 -0500, Dale wrote:
11 >>> I don't mind top posting in private emails but not on the list. Who is
12 >>> it with that signature with the backward questions about top posting?
13 >>>
14 >>
15 >> This one?
16 >>
17 >> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
18 >> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
19 >> A: Top-posting.
20 >> Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
21 >>
22 >> or this one?
23 >>
24 >> Q: Why is top-posting evil?
25 >> A: backwards read don't humans because
26 >>
27 >> Both have been in my tagfile for years.
32 > The top one is the one I was thinking about. Funny thing is, it took me
33 > a couple reads the first time to figure out it was backwards. It really
34 > didn't make much sense.
35 >
36 > I do like the last one tho. That was cute. ;-)
37 >
38 > Dale
39 >
45 Sent from my mobile device