From: Daniel Quinn <gentoo@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo on a Surface Pro 3?
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2017 17:40:34
1 On 30/01/17 08:24 PM, Daniel Frey wrote:
2 > I acquired (on the cheap) a used Surface Pro 3 with the keyboard cover
3 > off of a relative who wasn't using it (they said the screen was too
4 small.)
5 >
6 > I am considering putting Gentoo (or attempting to) and am wondering if
7 > anyone has had success.
8 >
9 > It looks like newer kernels have some builtin support for the hardware.
10 > Due to its form factor I will be setting up distcc to help with the
11 > build process, and using -bin packages for monstrosities like firefox
12 > and libreoffice.
15 I'm sorry that I didn't see this sooner, but I've been running on my SP3
16 now for about 2years. I maintain a GitHub repo with kernel configs and
17 a installation manual, so if you'd like to give that a spin and submit
18 patches/ideas as they come, I'd be happy to merge them:
19
20 https://github.com/danielquinn/Gentoo-Surface-Pro-3