From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Boot speedup
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 22:01:21
1 Florian Philipp writes:
2
3 > Am 12.04.2010 11:02, schrieb Hinko Kocevar:
4
5 > > Can boot be sped up even more?
6 >
7 > The fastest way to boot is not to boot at all. Just use Suspend2Disk or
8 > SuspendToRam.
9 >
10 > Take a look at TuxOnIce and hibernate-script. Unless something is
11 > broken, I hardly ever reboot.
12
13 I wonder why this seems to be working for everyone but me... I tried
14 TuxOnIce for various times, with different systems, for years now, and
15 still no real success. Well, it works sometimes on my desktop PC, but I
16 have to issue the hibernate command up to ten times for this, and
17 sometimes it still does not hibernate. And I also experience that trying
18 to hibernate sometimes freezes the system, or has weird side effects.
19
20 But luckily, at least hibernate-ram suddenly seems to work well, and I'm
21 sticking to that now.
22
23 Wonko