From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pulseaudio - pipewire
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2022 16:22:31
1 On Wed, Aug 3, 2022 at 9:15 AM hitachi303 <gentoo-user@××××××××××××××××.de>
2 wrote:
3 >
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > so there is a eselect news "2022-07-29-pipewire-sound-server" telling
7 > that changes have been made.
8 >
9 > I care about having sound but don't care to much about how it is
10 > working. Any suggestions which path will lead me to the goal of having
11 > the least trouble in future?
12 > Like is pulseaudio going to disappear so I will have do switch anyway?
13 > Is pipewire that new that it'll be buggy for the years to come?
14 >
15 > Regards
16
17 Many other distros are using it without major problems.
18
19 Ubuntu still ships PulseAudio for its long term version which is what I use
20 but I've
21 not heard of any problems with the leading edge version.