From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: off-topic: logitech mice (MX1000)
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 22:11:49
1 On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 11:06 -0800, walt wrote:
2 > > If you look at the amazon page you can sort of see the left and
3 > right
4 > > arrows.
5 >
6 > I think a mouse that complicated would make me crazy.
7
8 There was a time when Windows and Mac users criticized X11 because it
9 had too many buttons (3).
10
11 Nowadays, Windows users seem to require 20 different buttons, wheels,
12 knobs, and whatever else they can throw on a pointer device, whereas
13 Macs seem to want to get rid of buttons altogether but require the user
14 to do cartwheels and other acrobatics with their fingers in order to do
15 a simple cut/paste.
16
17 FWIW, I have a Logitech mouse with a wheel that scrolls up and down,
18 presses down, and clicks left and right. All seem to work fine, except
19 I don't use the latter as I haven't found any purpose for it although I
20 could possibly see it replacing ALT-Tab. Nah... to confusing.
21
22 -a