From: FredL <raptor@××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fresh install and problem with net.* init.d script
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 14:22:25
1 On 2013/07/23 13:20, Yohan Pereira wrote:
2 > On 23/07/13 at 07:06am, Tanstaafl wrote:
3 > On 2013-07-22 6:08 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > > I wonder why you didn't have dbus installed.
5 >
6 > I don't have dbus installed either, but I'm still on the old udev.
7 >
8 > I've been planning on updating it this weekend (so I'll have time to
9 > deal with any issues), but when I do an emerge -pvuDN world, dbus is
10 > NOT
11 > in the list of things to install.
12 >
13 > So, since you didn't actually answer his question, I'll ask it again...
14 >
15 > Is dbus actually *required* for even a server system? Is this
16 > requirement only for the new udev? If so, why is it not getting pulled
17 > in on my system? And if so, why is my system working now without it?
20 > The OP mentioned he selected the desktop profile thats probably why it
21 > got pulled in. Dbus is not required with the default profile.
22
23 yes but that might not be related to my choosen profile because it is
24 not required too for a minimal install (no X, only the basics), in fact
25 what I am doing is not the gentoo way like the one described in the
26 handbook (mainly because the full install process is scripted) so don't
27 be worried about the trouble I had, You probably won't encounter the
28 same by doing a regular upgrade.
29
30 Sorry for confusing you