From: Yohan Pereira <yohan.pereira@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fresh install and problem with net.* init.d script
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 12:19:40
1 On 23/07/13 at 07:06am, Tanstaafl wrote:
2 > On 2013-07-22 6:08 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > I wonder why you didn't have dbus installed.
4 >
5 > I don't have dbus installed either, but I'm still on the old udev.
6 >
7 > I've been planning on updating it this weekend (so I'll have time to
8 > deal with any issues), but when I do an emerge -pvuDN world, dbus is NOT
9 > in the list of things to install.
10 >
11 > So, since you didn't actually answer his question, I'll ask it again...
12 >
13 > Is dbus actually *required* for even a server system? Is this
14 > requirement only for the new udev? If so, why is it not getting pulled
15 > in on my system? And if so, why is my system working now without it?
18 The OP mentioned he selected the desktop profile thats probably why it
19 got pulled in. Dbus is not required with the default profile.
23 - Yohan Pereira
24
25 The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference
26 between a mermaid and a seal.
27 -- Mark Twain