From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fresh install and problem with net.* init.d script
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 11:06:56
1 On 2013-07-22 6:08 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I wonder why you didn't have dbus installed.
3
4 I don't have dbus installed either, but I'm still on the old udev.
5
6 I've been planning on updating it this weekend (so I'll have time to
7 deal with any issues), but when I do an emerge -pvuDN world, dbus is NOT
8 in the list of things to install.
9
10 So, since you didn't actually answer his question, I'll ask it again...
11
12 Is dbus actually *required* for even a server system? Is this
13 requirement only for the new udev? If so, why is it not getting pulled
14 in on my system? And if so, why is my system working now without it?