From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] DVD playback slow
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 16:35:36
1 My DVD playback is pretty bad. I'm using mplayer and if I use
2 -framedrop it's watchable but the dropped frames are very noticable.
3 If I don't use -framedrop the audio and video is way out of sync and
4 the playback actually stops after a short time.
5
6 I asked the mplayer list about this and one guys says his Celeron 366
7 can play DVDs no problem and I must have "serious configuration
8 problems." What would you guys suggest for solving this performance
9 problem? DMA is enabled on my hard drive and DVD drive.
10
11 - Grant
12 --
13 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list