From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DVD playback slow
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 07:22:45
1 On 09 September 2006 18:28, Grant wrote:
2 > My DVD playback is pretty bad. I'm using mplayer and if I use
3 > -framedrop it's watchable but the dropped frames are very noticable.
4 > If I don't use -framedrop the audio and video is way out of sync and
5 > the playback actually stops after a short time.
6 >
7 > I asked the mplayer list about this and one guys says his Celeron 366
8 > can play DVDs no problem and I must have "serious configuration
9 > problems." What would you guys suggest for solving this performance
10 > problem? DMA is enabled on my hard drive and DVD drive.
11
12 post your /proc/cpuinfo and /proc/meminfo. Additionally, what is your cache
13 size in mplayer? I(ncreasing it to 2MB solved all the problems I once had.
14
15 Uwe
18 Mark Twain: I rather decline two drinks than a German adjective.
19 http://www.SysEx.com.na
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list