From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problems with HAL
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 15:37:39
1 Christian Herzyk wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > Dale you get 70 out of 100 points for solving 2 of my problems.
6 > Am Sonntag 22 April 2007 15:23 schrieb Dale:
7 >
8 >> Are you in the plugdev, cdrom and cdrw groups? I had to add my user to
9 >> those groups a while back. May want to check and make sure. For
10 >> further reference, this is the groups my user is in and everything works
13 > This (and possibly haldaemon) solved my problems with the USB devices. The
14 > camera can be accessed now and mtp-detect now reports the mp3 player.
15 >
16 > The CD part is solved as well.
17 >
18 > The line in my fstab gives /dev/cdrom as a device the media kioslave looks for
19 > hdb.
20 > Changing the fstab to /dec/hdb solved this.
21 >
22 > Thanks
23 >
24 > Christian
27 Your welcome. With all the help I get here, it's about time I could
28 help someone else. ;-)
29
30 I'm not saying this is correct but this is my fstab lines for cdrom and
31 floppy:
32
33 > /dev/hdc /media/hdc iso9660
34 > noauto,ro,users 0 0
35 > /dev/fd0 /media/floppy auto
36 > noauto,users 0 0
37
38 I haven't tested the floppy though. I'm not sure if it works or not.
39
40 Glad to help.
41
42 Dale
43
48 www.myspace.com/-remove-me-dalek1967
49
50 Copy n paste then remove the -remove-me- part.