From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Which arch do I have ?
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 16:49:27
1 On Wednesday 13 February 2008, Dmitry S. Makovey wrote:
2 > oh, and for whatever reason wine performs better under 64 bit OS
3 > rather than 32. Don't have any other proof then my own experience but
4 > Diablo LOD runs much smoother once I've rebuilt my system with 64bit
5 > with the same useflags and everything else.
6
7 Now that is very interesting. I have no idea why, but perhaps it's to do
8 with getting Linux's and Wine's memory layout models to coexist in the
9 same space. They are mutually incompatible to Wine has to do some
10 amazing stuff to get it to work. Perhaps 64 bit presents a saner linear
11 memory model than 32 bit and so Wine has more breathing wrong.
12
13 But I'm just guessing actually ;-)
17 Alan McKinnon
18 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com