From: Bob Sanders <rmsand@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Adaptec 29160 Setup
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 20:33:33
1 On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 14:13:44 -0400
2 sean <tech.junk@×××××××.net> wrote:
5 > I am trying to get my recently built system to recognize my Adaptec
6 > 29160 configured on the system.
7 > I have SCSI built into the kernel, here is the dmesg statement,
8 > SCSI subsystem initialized,
9
10 Do you have SCSI Transport Attributes ---> Parallel SCSI (SPI) Transport Attributes
11 turned on as either a module or loaded?
12
13 > I can see my sata drive, which from what I read, scsi needs to be
14 > working for sata access,
15
16 SATA doesn't need specific attributes unless it's really a SAS interface.
19 > but there is nothing in dmesg about my scsi
20 > card coming to life, and so I cannot see my cd burner and iomega jaz
21 > drive that hang off it.
24 Should only need, under SCSI devices support --> SCSI disk, SCSI CDROM,
25 the previously mentioned parallel Transport, under low-level drivers -->
26 Adaptec AIC7xxx (aka New driver), SATA support, and the SATA chipset driver.
27 The rest is pretty much wasted space.
28
29 Bob
30 -
31 --