From: John Runyon <me@×××.im>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Online hosting recommendation - VMs?
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 02:38:43
1 On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 10:08:41PM -0400, Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > In the course of about 2 hrs my connections were dropped at least 15
3 > times and I think probably more. At some points I have more than one
4 > login going, and I noticed if I left one idle for a few minutes it
5 > would b dropped when I next attemtpted to use it... I mean really a
6 > few minutes like 3 or so.
7 >
8 No issues that you've observed with other providers? Which location were
9 you in? I've used Linode for years and never had issues (other than on
10 certain connections where I need to enable keepalives due to my end
11 closing it). But I've mostly stuck to their DFW location.
12
13 > Remains to be seen how they respond. I only turned my trouble ticket
14 > 7 minutes ago.
15 >
16 Their support is usually pretty quick and pretty customer-service-y. I'd
17 be surprised if they didn't refund you in full (or at least pro-rated).