From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Process to resize ext3 file system at the command line?
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 00:00:49
1 On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 12:34:14 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > OK, so returning to your original response, you suggest increasing the
4 > size of each physical partition and then resizing each of the physical
5 > partitions independently? (/dev/sdwhatever instead of /dev/md6
6 > directly?)
7 >
8 > Is there a reason or personal experience you have to not to resize the
9 > RAID-5 directly?
10
11 Do you have separately partitioned drives with those partitions arranged
12 into single-partition arrays, or do you have one RAID device that is then
13 partitioned?
14
15 If the latter, you should certainly work with the md device.
16
17 I prefer to avoid all this confusion by creating a large, single
18 partition array that I use an an LVM physical volume.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 "You know how dumb the average person is? Well, statistically, half of
25 them are even dumber than that" - Lewton, P.I.