From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] QEMU: windows guest crashing
Date: Wed, 30 May 2018 10:07:45
1 Am 2018-05-30 um 10:46 schrieb Bill Kenworthy:
2 > On 30/05/18 15:52, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
3 >> maybe someone has hit that as well:
4 >>
5 >> https://bugs.gentoo.org/656886
6 >>
7 >> bug report at redhat is from yesterday (!)
8 >>
9 >> -
10 >>
11 >> That windows guest is shutting down and/or crashing now and then.
12 >> Same QEMU/libvirt combo at another site runs >20 VMs without problems.
13 >>
14 >> I'd be happy to find some workaround or fix as it is a bit problematic
15 >> to have the customer email every few days that his server VM is down.
16 >> Gives bad reputation ...
17 >>
18 >> If helpful I will post VM.xml etc
19 >>
20 >> Stefan
21 >>
22 > error messages? - I get this happening sometimes from the oom killer
23 > when the server runs out of memory - semi-random (usually  but not
24 > always the same vm)
25
26 I mentioned the libvirt error message in the bug report.
27 What else is interesting?
28
29 The gentoo host has 16 GB RAM, and the single VM is configured with 8
30 gigs ... so that looks ok to me.
31
32 host # free -m
33 total used free shared buff/cache