From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Removing pulseaudio
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 20:47:30
1 Am 18.04.2013 22:02, schrieb Stroller:
2 > On 18 April 2013, at 20:32, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
3 >> ...
4 >> (i) It's a "sound server", a description I don't understand. What does
5 >> it _do_? Why do I want it? It seems to be an unnecessary layer of fat
6 >> between sound applications and the kernel.
7 > If you don't understand the term "sound server" you probably shouldn't be using Gentoo.
8 >
9 > When I'm watching a YouTube video I still want to hear my email client go bing or my chat program alert me of my buddy coming online.
10 >
11 > That's not possible if my web-browser has a hard-wired path into my soundcard and ain't letting go.
12 >
13 > Stroller.
17 beeep. Wrong.