From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Anyone switched to eudev yet?
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 21:24:41
1 On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 12:00 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 <SNIP>
3 > The problems with that is these: It worked ALL these years, why should
4 > it not now? I have / on a traditional partition which is not going to
5 > resize easily. If I put / on LVM, I need a init thingy. I don't want a
6 > init thingy
7
8 Is that really true? Do you _really_ care whether an 'init thingy' exists
9 on your system, or is this energy about it really based in something else?
10
11 I'm just not understanding the resistance so I'm curious.
12
13 I don't like, really don't like, the work that currently goes into making
14 my 'init thingy' work. All the Gentoo docs about creating hierarchies by
15 hand and populating them with files and then compressing it. All that
16 drives me nuts. It should be 100% automatic, and probably is with the
17 right tools which I haven't found.
18
19 But I'm not understanding why you are so against it in totality. It would
20 be one thing to say that it's too much work. That I understand, but not
21 wanting one seems a bit overboard to me...
22
23 - Mark