From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] creating an image of the system
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 11:55:50
1 Am 09.09.2013 08:30, schrieb Michael Hampicke:
2
3 > Tar with permission preservation is fine. Just exlude everything
4 > in dev/sys/proc/tmp as you said. But make sure, that these
5 > directories are in your tar file, it does not matter if they are
6 > empty, but they have to exist in order to boot proplery.
7
8 Sorry if I am maybe a bit OT (am I?):
9
10 I often cloned systems from or into VMs by booting both systems with
11 live-CDs, mounting their disks and "rsync -av" the root-fs over ...
12 sure, taking care of dev/sys/proc/tmp does not hurt ...
13
14 After the rsync maybe some fstab-editing, checking grub-config ... but
15 that worked several times already ... (OK, not automated ... but
16 sufficient if I prepare a server inside a VM and then apply that image
17 once).
18
19 S