From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Motherboards
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 01:55:43
1 On Friday 24 February 2006 19:27, "Brett I. Holcomb"
2 <brettholcomb@×××××××××.net> wrote about '[gentoo-user] Motherboards':
3 > I need to purchase a motherboard that supports SATA and am looking for
4 > recommendations. I used to use ASUS but their support is non-existent
5 > and totally stupid. Unfortunately this will be for a Windows system but
6 > I'd like feedback on what is good and bad.
7
8 I like my Tyan dual-opteron, dual-16x-pci-e, dual-gb-ethernet board. Four
9 sata ports, and "firmware" raid (nvraid). Even if you don't want or need
10 all that, I still recommend Tyan.
13 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
14 bss03@××××××××××.com
15 ICQ: 514984 YM/AIM: DaTwinkDaddy