From: "Brett I. Holcomb" <brettholcomb@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Motherboards
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 02:14:46
1 I have a Tyan Tiger and love it. However, it may be out of my price range at
2 this time but they are first on my list, too!
3
4 On Friday February 24 2006 20:50, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
5 > On Friday 24 February 2006 19:27, "Brett I. Holcomb"
6 >
7 > <brettholcomb@×××××××××.net> wrote about '[gentoo-user] Motherboards':
8 > > I need to purchase a motherboard that supports SATA and am looking for
9 > > recommendations. I used to use ASUS but their support is non-existent
10 > > and totally stupid. Unfortunately this will be for a Windows system but
11 > > I'd like feedback on what is good and bad.
12 >
13 > I like my Tyan dual-opteron, dual-16x-pci-e, dual-gb-ethernet board. Four
14 > sata ports, and "firmware" raid (nvraid). Even if you don't want or need
15 > all that, I still recommend Tyan.
16 >
17 > --
18 > Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.