From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] convert rpm to ebuild
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 23:45:13
1 Hi,
2
3 On Thu, 10 May 2007 22:50:42 +0200
4 Florian Philipp <f.philipp@××××××.de> wrote:
5
6 > Since I can install an rpm after emerging rpm itself, there is no need to
7 > convert it. All I have to do is to make portage aware of this package. Of
8 > course I would have to take care of dependencies myself and let rpm forget
9 > about dependencies since it doesn't know about my emerged packages.
10 >
11 > Could that work?
12
13 If you're lucky and actually *do* manage to get the dependencies right.
14 I wouldn't bet a cent on it, at least, if we're talking about a dynamic
15 executable.
16
17 > How do I do it?
18