From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE Plasma 5 moved to stable
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 13:01:10
1 On 15/04/16 01:10, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
2 > We even had the choice of installing both KDE3 and 4 at the same time. That
3 > made transition far easier and it allowed me to get settled in due time. So
4 > I'm not particularly worried about the next few months, especially with the
5 > modularity and interchangeability of today's KDE components.
6
7 You cannot install KDE5 without uninstalling KDE4.
8
9 I was told this is an upstream decision, not Gentoo's fault.