From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Aw: Re: [gentoo-user] upgrading (profiles, too)
Date: Fri, 31 May 2019 15:05:22
1 On Friday, 31 May 2019 15:20:01 BST Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 6:02 PM Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > Given that is going to involve quite a bit of changes, and it appears
4 > > the OP has a outdated system, going in steps may be a good idea. At
5 > > least that way if something breaks, it may be easier to fix since the
6 > > steps are smaller.
7 >
8 > ++
9 >
10 > I would never attempt a profile change unless I had a system running
11 > on a repo that was completely up to date, with no pending updates.
12 > That is, if you run emerge --sync and emerge -uD world nothing happens
13 > (well, aside from the random one package that just happened to
14 > change).
15 [snip ...]
16
17 If I were to install a new system presently and wanted to go straight to a
18 17.1 profile, is there some particular stage tarball I could/should be
19 downloading to by-pass all this lib (un)linkage goodness?
20
21 In the same vane I wonder if the OP's problems would be resolved by a
22 reinstall of Gentoo, while retaining the same world file and perhaps /etc?
25 Regards,
26 Mick