From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: unison
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 00:18:45
1 Neil Bothwick <neil <at> digimed.co.uk> writes:
4 > The only things you are likely to want to exclude are config files, such
5 > as the mail config you mention. You also need to be sure that changes
6 > "take"; for example if you sync your Konqueror bookmarks and Konqueror is
7 > running, it will write its in-memory bookmarks to disc when it exits,
8 > overwriting the ones you just copied over. You can avoid this by logging
9 > out of the desktop on the destination machine before syncing.
12 Hello Neil,
13
14 It's almost working perfectly. I have one delimma that I can solve
15 with a script of my own, but, I was wondering if there is a method
16 using unison, that I have not read about. The issue is mozilla's
17 bookmarks.html file synchronization.
18
19 System A:
20 ~/.mozilla/default/53a4kpfr.slt/bookmarks.html
21
22 System B:
23 ~/.mozilla/default/6xnd2dcf.slt/bookmarks.html
24
25 Unison copies both dirs/files correctly back and forth
26 but the different installations of mozilla use different
27 paths to their bookmarks.html file.
28
29 How would you suggest I fix this (merge) or use one
30 as the master(correct) copy of bookmarks.html and get
31 the other installation of mozilla to use the copied
32 over file?
36 James
40 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list