From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: update gentoo without network
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 13:50:42
1 On Mon, 18 Jan 2016 12:38:13 +0100, Raffaele BELARDI wrote:
2
3 > > I have gentoo system A (~x86) on a network that does not allow portage
4 > > access to internet due to some authentication issue. System B (~amd64)
5 > > is on another network with no such restrictions.
6 > >
7 > > To bypass the restrictions I made a copy of A on a removable media,
8 > > chroot into it from B and 'emerge-webrsync; emerge --fetchonly' from
9 > > there. Then attach the media to A and overwrite /usr/portage with the
10 > > updated one from the removable media.
11 > >
12 > > This works but updating the chroot from B always re-downloads all the
13 > > packages since the first time I created the chroot, not only those
14 > > from the last update. I suppose portage maintains a database of the
15 > > installed packages that I need to copy back to the removable media
16 > > after each system A update, but where is it?
17 >
18 > I suppose the database I'm looking for is /var/db/pkg, right?
19
20 /var/lib/portage/world - this needs to be in sync in the two environments.
21
22 Are the two computers networked together? If so, you could run
23 http_replicator on B and it would download the packages for A.
27 Neil Bothwick
28
29 OK Scotty, NOW! Detonate and energize! I mean.......