From: Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: update gentoo without network
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 14:02:52
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Mon, 18 Jan 2016 12:38:13 +0100, Raffaele BELARDI wrote:
3 >
4 >> I suppose the database I'm looking for is /var/db/pkg, right?
5 >
6 > /var/lib/portage/world - this needs to be in sync in the two environments.
9 Ok but that's a 'static' snapshot of the packages; I also need to update
10 in the chroot the list of currently installed packages and their
11 versions and that's in /var/db/pkg, I think. I'll test it this evening.
12
13 > Are the two computers networked together? If so, you could run
14 > http_replicator on B and it would download the packages for A.
15
16 No, the computers are on completely separated networks. The only way to
17 bypass the security policy on one of the two networks is through
18 removable media ;-)
19
20 raffaele