From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Persistent revdep-rebuild issues: sun-jdk-1.4.2.16
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 01:51:34
1 Philip Webb wrote:
2 > 071219 purple wrote:
3 >
4 >> i have issues with sun-jdk-1.4.2.16 when running revdep-rebuild
5 >> because revdep constandly rebuild sun-jdk-1.4.2.16 over and over again
8 > Revdep-rebuild seems to be an imperfect tool:
9 > this happens to me & sometimes also with Gcc & I ignore it.
10 > The work-around is to run 'revdep-rebuild --pretend ... ',
11 > then do by hand whatever it says it would do, omitting the silly stuff.
15 I have had mine showing it needed to recompile gcc for a very long time
16 now. There is also a bug for it too. It has been there for a really
17 long time. There are hacks to work around the bug but some don't like
18 the hack and neither did I. I just omit gcc and do whatever else it says.
19
20 It's not a perfect tool but it works, mostly anyway. ;-)
21
22 Dale
23