From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Best method for automounting...
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 16:30:02
1 On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 16:19:44 +0100, Alexander Skwar wrote:
2
3 > > That's probably because you're running two automounters, which are
4 > > conflicting. You don't need autofs, and probably should not run it,
5 > > when using KDE's system.
6 >
7 > Why should autofs not be running when KDE is used?
8
9 Because you'll get exactly the problem the OP mentioned, with two systems
10 trying to control the same device.
11
12 > > The KDE system is also more flexible
13 >
14 > How do you make use of "media:/" files with normal (ie. non-KDE)
15 > applications?
16
17 They're mounted under /media.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a full
24 house and four people died.