From: Ryan Sims <rwsims@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Best method for automounting...
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 18:55:50
1 On 12/1/06, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 16:19:44 +0100, Alexander Skwar wrote:
3 >
4 > > > That's probably because you're running two automounters, which are
5 > > > conflicting. You don't need autofs, and probably should not run it,
6 > > > when using KDE's system.
7 > >
8 > > Why should autofs not be running when KDE is used?
9 >
10 > Because you'll get exactly the problem the OP mentioned, with two systems
11 > trying to control the same device.
12 >
13 > > > The KDE system is also more flexible
14 > >
15 > > How do you make use of "media:/" files with normal (ie. non-KDE)
16 > > applications?
17 >
18 > They're mounted under /media.
21 If I'm thread hijacking, let me know, but it seems related to me: what
22 is it that mounts things under /media? I seem to have a couple things
23 fighting for devices, none of which obey my udev or fstab rules,
24 seemingly. I *think* the contenders are udev (which doesn't mount
25 anything, but it's not creating the symlinks I want),
26 gnome-volume-manager, hal and pmount (not sure about that last, I'm
27 not at my system now.)
31 Ryan W Sims
32 --
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list