From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Best method for automounting...
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 19:55:42
1 On Fri, 1 Dec 2006 13:50:29 -0500, Ryan Sims wrote:
2
3 > If I'm thread hijacking, let me know, but it seems related to me: what
4 > is it that mounts things under /media? I seem to have a couple things
5 > fighting for devices, none of which obey my udev or fstab rules,
6
7 You don't need fstab entries for automounting with pmount.
8
9 > seemingly. I *think* the contenders are udev (which doesn't mount
10 > anything, but it's not creating the symlinks I want),
11
12 You're right, udev doesn't mount anything, it only creates the device
13 nodes.
14
15 > gnome-volume-manager, hal and pmount (not sure about that last, I'm
16 > not at my system now.)
17
18 Those three, along with d-bus, are responsible for your automounting.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 Thesaurus: ancient reptile with an excellent vocabulary